Subject: [Leica] re: so long rodinal
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Mar 15 22:27:17 2006

I'm curious about the Classic films. I think they are Fortepan. The
400 is said to be the grainiest 400 film, hands down.

Be very very careful with the Fomapan (maybe the Classic films too, I
don't know). Fomapan is very, very soft while wet. Don't use a
squeegie or anything on it. That would scrape the emulsion off. I
think Efke films are also soft when wet.

Some people use a hardener in the fixer to counteract the softness. I
don't. They're just fine when they dry. Adding a hardener makes
washing the films more of a chore.

But once again ... I'm curious about the Classic films.

Good luck'!
Daniel