Subject: [Leica] Re:Jeffery PAW - Week 11 - Our Return To Normalcy
From: zoeica1 at yahoo.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Tue Mar 14 06:52:47 2006

Jeff's not really telling the full story of "normalcy". About an 1hr later,
we were hangin' with 2 old ladies who were wearing oversized green underwear
- on the outside! Now that's New Orleans "normalcy"!

  Chris

Jeffery Smith <jsmith342@cox.net> wrote:
  In 1993, I bought a 150-year-old house in the Irish Channel because I had
been through 4 floods and knew that the Irish Channel didn't flood. Of
course, I didn't think about what would happen if the rest of the city did.

Every March, we celebrate St. Patrick's Day in the Irish Channel. Before the
parade at 1:00 PM, Chris Williams and I went to an Irish Catholic church
down the street, another hardy survivor of Katrina.

http://www.400tx.com/2006-11.html

We lost a lot down here, but many of our churches from earlier centuries are
on high ground and built to last an abomination of desolation. It was nice
to sit in one and feel like things were, for a moment, back to normal.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com