Subject: [Leica] Product modifications
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (lrzeitlin@optonline.net)
Date: Sun Mar 12 14:32:05 2006

<<I know the argument is that they are tools being adapted for the job,?
but you don't typically regrind the face of a hammer you use to drive?
nails.?? Or custom grind your screwdrivers.? Or change the gear ratio?
on your electric sander.>>

Actually I do regrind my screwdrivers to square up the tips and make the
faces parallel so that they will perfectly fit the slots of the screws. I
have occasionally roughed up the face of a hammer to prevent it from
glancing off a nail. This is an old boatyard carpenter's trick my wife's
father taught me. I have even recovered my user Leicas with 3M rubberized
anti-slip material, a far better surfacing material than Leica's original
Vulcanite. But I've never changed the gear ratio of my electric sander - but
thanks for the idea.

Larry Z