Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW 10 Perplexed
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Mar 11 19:40:46 2006

Eric offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Don's PAW 10 Perplexed

> Don:
>
>>http://gallery.leica-users.org/album337/photoshopperplexed
>
> Very nice lighting on the woman's face.  Very nicely seen and captured.
> Wish the monitor weren't so blown out, though.  My eye keeps going from
> the nice light on the lady to the monitor.<<<<

Eric, well I suppose Don could've used a flash gun and kind of balanced out
the screen and face, however completely screwing it up as a well taken
photograph.

Quite frankly it's one or the other, a damn fine photograph illustrating
excellent use of the light and some damn fine body language reading of her
expression and capturing the precise moment.

I don't have any doubt if this photograph were part of a paying assignment
Don might have taken a few minutes longer and burnt down the screen. But
given it's for the crew to have a quick look and forget it, I hardly think
it's worth the time to bother fiddling and farting about with darkening the
screen.

I realize it's your opinion but quite frankly not worth mentioning when the
photograph works so well.

ted

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Photos from the Bethlehem Steel Works)
Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Don's PAW 10 Perplexed)