Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica M6, M1911 and the male customization
From: ausdlk at swbell.net (David Keenan)
Date: Fri Mar 10 22:48:32 2006

>?Adapting the tool to make it better working or whatever is mostly
>?just an excuse... The urge to customize is mostly driven by the
>?wish to add a better and more individual look.

Not always to make it better but always to PERSONALIZE things.

I customized a couple of M3's, sure to make them "better" in my eyes, but
mainly to personalize them.

To make them unique. Make them express something unique about their owner.

I admit it. I love the attention that my purple snake skin clad chrome M3
gets me when people say "wow, that kind of camera is that?"

It is as beautiful as it is functional. Better than new but more
importantly, it's uniquely mine.

Dave.
--
David Keenan, ausdlk@swbell.net on 3/11/2006