Subject: [Leica] Re: Tate Modern gallery, London
From: smcj35 at yahoo.com (Colin J)
Date: Fri Mar 10 16:22:46 2006

Richard S. Taylor wrote:

> Colin - 10 and 9 are the strongest of these, I
> think.  10 might have benefited from a slight
> tilt up to get all the "4" in and to cut a bit
> of
> the floor.
>
> Thanks for posting.

Dick,

Thanks for your comments, and to others who
replied.

I made a mistake when framing #10. There is a
problem with the CV 15mm finder in that it shows
more than the lens coverage.  There are no bright
lines.

I subsequently masked the finder with black tape
to make the coverage equal to, or very slightly
less than, the actual coverage of the lens - not
an easy job, as the finder has bad barrel
distortion.   Since I did this, my 15mm framing
mistakes have not been eliminated, but are fewer
and farther between.

But a bad workman tends to blame his equipment.
<g>

Thanks again,

Colin