Subject: [Leica] Re: Update: Vancouver Camera Show & Swap Meet
From: bruent at shaw.ca (Bruce)
Date: Fri Mar 10 10:18:48 2006

> At 7:55 PM -0700 3/9/06, GREG LORENZO wrote:
>> We are already at 16 persons wanting to attend dinner on Saturday
>> night! I hope I can get a restaurant that is both big enough to
>> accomodate us, reasonably priced, lit well enough that Ted won't
>> have to bring his (sweet) Noctilux and still provide some privacy.
>>
>> Vancouver and BC people - please feel free to make some
>> recomendations on or off-List.

For something a bit different I'd suggest Afghan Horsemen (where the
group can sit at a normal table, or on the floor/rug/pillows). Casual,
inexpensive, good for groups.  Something completely different- Nyala-
Ethiopian, strangely beautiful lighting (though not well lit), BUT you
eat this food with your fingers and it can be spicy.

A less different suggestion is Saveur- French with a fixed price menu
(about $40 3 course before wine). Also good for groups with advance
reservation. One with similar price and style- Accents, French with
some Russian elements, though I have not been there in a while.

One more idea would be somewhere in or near "Gas Town" (older part of
Vancouver, if the weather is good interesting to walk around)- the
trick there is to find something which is not too touristy or trendy.
There is a recent place called Casis which is really good, would need
to check with them about the group size. Also a Mexican place that
might do, and I have heard good things about a Irish pub out there.

My 1st recommendation remains the Afghan.