Subject: [Leica] Re: Millennium Bridge, London
From: smcj35 at yahoo.com (Colin J)
Date: Thu Mar 9 07:18:56 2006

A big thank you to all who replied with comments,
both on and off the list.

The picture I posted is one of a set of three
that I shot to a specific brief, which was to
portray an engineering structure in use by
people.  I chose the Millennium Bridge as a
subject despite never having visited it before -
I live away from London and rarely get time to
visit.

The bridge was in the news a lot because it was
an unusual design and had major problems with
wobbling when it first opened.  But it was
modified and the wobble was completely cured.  It
seems very stable.

I had only half a day to visit London and shot
about twenty photos in an hour.  I used the rest
of the film on the Tate Modern gallery and
visited an exhibition there.

I have added two more bridge photos to the
gallery, so the first three shown are the three I
submitted against the brief.  I have also added
some from the Tate Modern, taken with the C/V
15mm lens.

As before, I welcome all critique, good and bad,
as I need to learn.

Colin

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] Re: Millennium Bridge, London)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Re: Millennium Bridge, London)