Subject: [Leica] new Epson scanners
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Wed Mar 8 19:38:58 2006

It helps a lot to mask the film when scanning on a flatbed.  I have an
older model flatbed with a transparency lid.  I made a hinged mask from
cardstock and tape that works quite well.  Sometimes I have to weight it
down with coins with curley film.

If you place the base side of the film against the glass you get
newton's rings, so I scan emulsion down and flip in the scanner driver
software.

That variable size MF film holder that Ken mentioned looks awfully
convenient though.

Mike D