Subject: [Leica] Leica participation in 4/3rds format
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sun Feb 26 10:26:50 2006

Howard Cummer writes:

> I am on the Digest so this may be already "old news" to some.
>
> http://www.olympusamerica.com/oai_HeadlinesDetails.asp?pressNo=457
>
> Leica and Panasonic are going to cooperate with Olympus to build a
>
> 4/3rds DSLR and lenses for same. The DSLR will have a live LCD screen
> as well as a  Prism finder - like the Olympus E330 (just announced).
>
> Interesting times.

Hi Howard,

I'm in favour of *anything* Leica does to stay viable and continuing
production of the glass and (film) cameras I prefer to use. I was sorry to
see Zeiss steal a march on them by building great lenses for other cameras
such as Nikon.

I'm still hoping that Leica will commence puting their optical and image
expertise to work in that direction soon.

Regards,

Greg