Subject: [Leica] Long-eared Owl (Asio otus)
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Sat Feb 25 05:48:48 2006

on 2/25/06 5:32 AM, Don Dory at don.dory@gmail.com wrote:

> Doug,
> Two points or so.  First, this is a wonderful shot at 72dpi.  Second, it is
> good to know that you are human too and require a tripod with an 800mm
> lens.

at 1/15 sec hand-held would be pushing my luck a bit ;-)

>  Third, I suspect with some PS sharpening tricks this could in fact be
> made into a reasonably sharp image at 11X14, the feathers and bars provide
> edges that can be enhanced pretty easily with any artifacts buried in the
> feather detail.

I'd like to see what can be done.  I've uploaded a 100% crop of the owl's
face to http://www.wildlightphoto.com/temp/leow01crop.jpg.  The file will be
here for only a few days.  This file is level 10 .jpg, no PS work other than
color corrections and dust spotting.

--
Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento