Subject: [Leica] romania photos ...
From: KCassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Fri Feb 24 14:37:31 2006

that little travel diary
(http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/travel/bucharest-2001/) generates
a suprising amout of email -- about one a week -- which is suprising to me
since i've largely forgotten about it. there are no people who say "cool!"
or "not cool!" every reaction is viceral -- they're divided almost
completely in half between "i'm in tears because of how well you've
portrayed the good and bad things about my country" to "you are going to be
in tears when i burn your tongue out with a hot poker you @#$@#$" -- but i
think the people who say the latter haven't read the whole thing (and they
always say "how would you like it if i came to america and wrote about
mcdonalds and homeless people?" -- which would, of course, be fine with me,
and it also leads me to believe that they didn't read my travel diary in
which i savage los angeles). oh, i did get one really really angry letter
from an american who objected to my saying that the american ambassador
looked "somewhat silly" in a photo.