Subject: [Leica] The better-than-a-Paterson reel
From: clzeni at mindspring.com (Craig Zeni)
Date: Thu Feb 23 14:45:10 2006

I had read here many times the Gospel of the Hewes Reels.  One day last
fall in the used darkroom section of a local store I blundered across a
stainless tank with two 35mm Hewes reels in it for $5...boy do they
load easier than Paterson plastic.  A month later they had a four roll
tank with two Hewes 35mm and one Hewes 120 reel for $15...snapped that
up too.  I find the Paterson plastic loads plenty easy for 120, but for
35mm the Hewes are super easy.

CZ
NC