Subject: [Leica] silver vs pixels
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Mon Feb 20 13:40:38 2006

I too was ready to toss out my 1280 due to head clogging problem until I
found a little well known secret. Before then, I tried all the fixes - use
only Epson ink, turn them on, leave them off, even cleaning the head with
windex etc.

Anyway, the "secret" is that the Epson cleaning routine goes through 3
cycles if you don't do a test print. In other words, for best cleaning
experience, do 3 consecutive cleaning in a row without making a test. That
has gotten rid of my clog problems. However, do not do more than 4-5
cleaning w/o a test print as they may damage the head. You don't have to
clean before every print run, just do it when it clogs.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] silver vs pixels)
Message from enitka1 at comcast.net (e. nitka) ([Leica] silver vs pixels)