Subject: [Leica] Sharpening - was: A very fleeting blossom
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Feb 17 14:03:26 2006

Be aware that sharpened files using this software, which I have and
use, can be VAST because they do use layers and Photoshop doesn't do
much of anything in compressing layers. So files of >100 MBytes are
likely.

It also will test your computer's CPU. If you are using full-frame
scans from film, or from a full-frame digital camera, you're going to
do some industrial-strength work on that puppy.

I got out of the practice of using it for that reason except on
finished pieces. Photoshop will, in the next version as I understand
it, allow better use of memory than it currently does and that should
help.

So, be aware that you'll be sucking up serious resources of every
kind: RAM, disk, and CPU when you use these sharpening filters.

Adam BrIDGE