Subject: [Leica] FedEx and X-raying
From: bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce)
Date: Thu Feb 16 01:13:59 2006

I do not remember who posed the question concerning film despatch
from N.O. , but here is the official answer.....................:

"Response (Joy Ann F.) - 02/15/2006 11:16 PM
Dear Bruce:

We received your inquiry. Thank you for your interest in FedEx.

FedEx does not X-ray packages or use scanning devices that affect
film or magnetic media. However, other items traveling through our
system, such as heavily magnetized material, could inadvertently
erase your stored data. You may want to contact our Packaging Design
and Development Department at 800.633.7019. They can provide expert
advice and even test your packaging to help ensure it is adequate.

We hope this information is helpful. Thanks again for contacting FedEx.

Joy Ann F.
FedEx Customer Service"

Safe outward and homeward flights,
B.