Subject: [Leica] OT: world press winners 2006
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Feb 11 22:08:09 2006

> Ted, my experience with sports mirrors yours with birds ;-) but for
> wildlife
> at least digital capture with fast frame rates has turned technique upside
> down from where it was just a few years ago.  Standard practice is indeed
> shoot a burst and pick a good one from the sequence later.<<<

Surely Doug these guys shooting at 8 frames a second aren't getting the
quality you do? While shooting one frame at a time? The first frame.

Sure motor drives are great, no question. But there are ways to use it to
ones advantage without blasting every subject. Certainly with the quality
required for fine wild life photographs I would think the photographer's
shooting instinct would be far more important than a motor drive?

Besides wouldn't the motor drive sound spook off birds creating a longer
wait for a return of any?

ted

Replies: Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr) ([Leica] OT: world press winners 2006)