Subject: [Leica] Re: world press winners 2006
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Feb 11 06:45:04 2006

How's this for depressing? Thursday night I handed out a "pop quiz" to the
first meeting of my MIT doc photo/pj class. It was ridiculously simple, and
was designed to give me a way to throw out anyone I needed to throw out
because I always have too many kids sign up. One question was:

2. Who coined the phrase ?the decisive moment??
            A. Susan Sontag
            B. Mathew Brady
            C. Henri Cartier-Bresson
            D. None of the above
Only THREE of 19 MIT students got it right - and I think they were guessing,
because not one of the kids later acknowledged being familiar with HCB's
work. Further, NOT ONE knew what Magnum was. Oh, most frequent guess on
question 2? Susan Sontag. :-(

Fookin kids! :-(

B. D.