Subject: [Leica] Lower 9th Ward - Another 20 images
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Feb 9 18:36:53 2006

Perhaps I haven't spent enough time with your images, but I don't recall too
many typical wide shots.  By that I mean having a significant something in
the foreground with reinforcing subject matter rapidly disapearing into the
background.  Take one of your house on car images, what would it look like
with a 21 or wider on top of the car/house with a debris field going as far
as the eye can see.  Similarly, with the barge that started it all, an
ultrawide shot of the gargantuan barge with the little bitty houses next to
it.  Possibly it might work better with a 500 to 600mm lens compressing
everything behind the barge to show the miles of destruction.

I am truly sorry to ramble, but your work is important, you have a great
start, but the scale of the story is huge and mind numbing.

Rambling some more, any people that could add some humanity that grounds
what this terrible event truly means.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com