Subject: [Leica] Lower 9th Ward - Another 20 images
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Thu Feb 9 15:20:54 2006

You aren't the first person to tell me that the Amish would do a much faster
job of rebuilding down here. What a shame. I have heard some folks say that
the people from the 9th ward are living it up in a motel (at FEMA's expense)
somewhere in Arkansas or Texas. As one who spent a month in a motel in
Houston, being home feels much better, even if home is not in good shape. I
think that, with a little help from the state and feds, people could get
together and start rebuilding some of the homes in this place. The problem
is that politics has gotten in the middle of the fray.

I'm a middle of the road dem, and don't think that people should expect the
government to compensate them whenever something bad happens to them. I just
wish we spent less money rebuilding other countries.

This weekend, I'm going to shoot some stuff at the Lakefront. Again, it's a
mess!

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com