Subject: [Leica] Rail yard with Leicaflex
From: evanowski at gmail.com (Edmund Evanowski)
Date: Thu Feb 9 08:44:48 2006

Hi Douglas - to answer your question about the origin of the word
caboose my dictionary states the following:

"Possibly from obsolete Dutch cabuse, /ship's galley/, from Middle Low
German kabuse : perhaps *kab-, /cabin/; akin to Old French cabane; see
*cabin* + Middle High German haus, /house"

/btw I liked the Cabooses too.  Thanks Neal./

/Ed/
/