Subject: [Leica] Light Diffusing Tent Advice
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Feb 8 18:11:53 2006

Greg,
There are a lot of commercial tents out there.  The local stores sell
several versions designed for the E*** photographer.  I really like the
plastic teardrops that have not straight sides, again various manufacturers
with not that much difference in them.  See:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=search&Q=&ci=1410

for a good selection that all work.  What you have to do is decide in
advance how big an object you want to photograph and buy a tent accordingly.

For smallish objects I like this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=331828&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

If you are into making your own, then get some white silk fabric probably 48
inches wide and say one yard in length.  Basicly hang it as a tent from a
boom arm or a string from the ceiling.  Make it into a teepee shape
weighting down the edges as necessary for the size of the object you are
photographing.  You can also use it as a cove wall by weighting down one
edge and again at about eighteen inches then suspending the rest at about a
45 degree angle then lighting from the top.

If you have access to a theatrical lighting store, Rosco makes some very
nice thick diffusing material that works very well.

I hope this helpls.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com