Subject: Digital FAQ was: Re: [Leica] Tina and Digital (was, Enlarger
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Feb 8 07:55:02 2006

Jonathan wrote:

>>Basically different films, monitors, scanners, printers, inks and
papers have slight differences in how they respond to and render
colors. A "profile" is a method to quantitate this.<<

They still have one variable to quantify.

I'll never forget the time -- long before digital -- when I showed
wedding photographs to a Mom and her daughter. The mom said, "That dress
looks too yellow!" The daughter replied emphatically, "No Mom! It
doesn't look yellow enough." And it didn't stop there.

The daughter's color profile must have been downloaded from her father.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden) (Digital FAQ was: Re: [Leica] Tina and Digital (was, Enlarger)