Subject: [Leica] Re: DMR mk II ?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Feb 6 15:57:31 2006

Raimo K said:

>>I would have thought that good, powerful photography would be the standard
>>to aim for.
>>And it can be achieved without ISO 1600.<<<<

Raimo,
let's put it this way.............

First of all it doesn't matter what discipline of photography we are
involved in, we all aim for the same standard: >> good, powerful photography
<<<

Actually we who earn our living in this profession aim for even higher
standards because if we don't deliver better than better everytime, we may
never shoot another assignment for the same client.

The clients don't ask what camera, what film, they don't give a diddly
squat. All they're interested in is... the best damn powerful pictures from
the assignment I can deliver.... without any excuses.  PERIOD!

Oh in the olden days the magazines might like you to shoot Kodachrome if
there was time for processing. Or the art director or photo editor might say
something about deadline and shoot whatever fast turn around film we could
use, but that was about it.

And to keep any client supplied with powerful first class photographs, if
that means shooting at whatever the hell ASA it may take, my camera's will
be set for the success of the assignment and the satisfaction of the client!

Not the ridiculous out pouring against ASA/DIN/ISO ratings, whatever the
hell you want to call it, by list members during the past few days. But as
Don Dory offered.... "it's the difference between amateurs and
professionals!"  So be it!

Clients who quite frankly pay me quite nicely for my ability in delivering
"powerful photography!" No matter what ASA I use are the only people I and
the other pros need be concerned with.

And to all LUGGERS who may disagree.... that's your problem, not ours!

People like Tina and myself, as well as others on the list who earn their
keep through the wonderful world of photography, we have to deliver with no
excuses and reputations to up hold.

Big difference to being a weekend warrior!

ted

Replies: Reply from raimo.m.korhonen at uusikaupunki.fi (Raimo K) ([Leica] Re: DMR mk II ?)
Message from raimo.m.korhonen at uusikaupunki.fi (Raimo K) ([Leica] Re: DMR mk II ?)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re: DMR mk II ?)