Subject: [Leica] 5D Screens from Brightscreen (was Epson RD 1)
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Mon Feb 6 00:39:44 2006

From: "Steve Unsworth" <lug@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Subject: RE: [Leica] re: Epson RD-1
I bought a brightscreen for my 5D - www.brightscreen.com - and it
works very very well. Much easier to focus that the screen that ships
as standard as it has microsprism and split rangefinder.

I've also heard that the R8/9 screens fit, but haven't tried this myself.

Steve

Dear Luggers,
Another screen option from Brightscreen is the microprism circle
without the rangefinder. For my eyes this is better than the split
image microprism as the image is less "busy". With the microprism
circle when you close your Leica R lenses down past f4.0 the
microprisms begin to black out so it is best for focussing with lens
open wider than f4.0 - which is where you should be using Leica
lenses anyway IMHO. I have installed an R 8 screen in my 5D but it is
a tight fit and you risk damaging the screen when you try to take
them out. I used air to dislodge the screen which stuck in the camera.
Best Regards
Howard (in Hong Kong)

Replies: Reply from nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts) ([Leica] 5D Screens from Brightscreen (was Epson RD 1))