Subject: [Leica] Ericspaw Week 3 Reckless Records
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun Feb 5 23:58:48 2006

Frank Dernie wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> If you like folk style guitar you may not know but may enjoy John
> Renbourne or Bert Jansch records on Transatlantic. They also were
> part of Pentangle. These are favourites of mine from the 60s which
> you may not know.-

Just about anything on the Transatlantic label was good - The
Humblebums, Gerry Rafferty,Martin Carthy;Dave Swarbrick - one of my
absolute avourites of the time (noton transatlantic) was Pete Atkin -
excellent music with poetic/satirical/cynical lyrics by Clive James.
The faintly wierd Incredible String Band is worth a listen too, but not
to everyone's taste.
Rare to find, but brilliant, was Iain Matthews with Plainsong (after
Matthews Southern Comfort), their debut record "In search of Amelia Earhart"
is a classic. And just about anything from John Martyn is good too.

> My favourite Frank Zappa record is Hot Rats, Jean-Luc Ponty plays
> electric violin on a couple of tracks and there is a followup album
> of Jean-Luc playing Zappa compositions, called King Kong.

Nice stuff, "Peaches en Regalia" was always my favourite.
Douglas