Subject: [Leica] A lighthouse in a totally different county
From: puff11 at comcast.net (Norm Aubin)
Date: Sun Feb 5 17:26:23 2006

 Douglas,

Thanks for sharing - lighthouses have become a particular interest of mine
this last year - so it's good to see others from your neck of the woods!

Is that lighthouse visible form Tantallon Castle - I ask because I have a
few images from there and there is a lighthouse just barely visible in the
shots, but it's name escapes me and I haven't done a detailed map search to
find out.  I'm thinking Tantallon is rather far north from there, and a bit
around the bend into the Forth of Firth, but maybe my memory fails as I age
. . .

As to whether Lancashire is more or less beautiful than Yorkshire - well  -
I'll not get into a War of the Roses again - the first was bad enough. I'd
live in either place in a heart beat, but then I'd probably start driving
back up to Scotland again - Loch Lomond has my heart, as does Stirling, and
points north and west.  Frankly, the only place I don't want to be over
there is stuck in traffic on the north bound M-5 in Birmingham (again)!

If'n you find more, please post them - this one was nice.

Best of light,
Norm

> Message: 27
> Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 01:23:10 +0100
> From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@gmx.de>
> Subject: [Leica] A lighthouse in a totally different county
> To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
>
> There are in fact other places not quite as beautiful as
> Lancashire and
> Yorkshire, but Northumberland gets pretty close.
>
> I dug this classical lighthouse out from a pile of stuff
> dating back to
> the mid 1960's to the early 70s - not too sure. but I think
<SNIP>

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Ships-and-Boats/IMG003
>
> This is St Mary's Lighthouse at Whitley Bay, just up the coast from
> Newcastle. Apart from the lighthouse there is an amusement park here

<SNIP>