Subject: [Leica] Counties of Roses desperately OT
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun Feb 5 15:03:13 2006

I hadn't heard that one before - must remember it.

It was good to read recently that a lot of the wonderful countryside
around Ribblesdale, Dentdale and the Howgills is now open to walkers.
The Duchy of that unspeakable house has been forced to grant access
under new legistlation.
One good bloke did come out of Lancashire, and stayed in the White Rose
Country (but within fleeing distance should there be a native uprising)
- Mike Harding - an excellent writer, humorist, musician (and
photographer), has now lived in Dent for many a year.
Douglas

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Counties of Roses desperately OT)
Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Counties of Roses desperately OT)