Subject: [Leica] The trouble with digital
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Fri Feb 3 12:18:57 2006

Recently, I  bought a moderately priced digital camera. It didn't tale
long before the problems created by our "digital revolution" jumped on
me like a fat girl at a hootenanny. In the old days, when you had to
slave over a Nikkor tank full of film and chemicals the drudgery could
take it's toll.. I'd rather pull my remaining teeth with a string and a
doorknob than try to get the dust out of an Omega D2V, or keep a Bessler
23C in focus.

But digital, so easy, so fast, so emancipating. The bad thing is we
don't  seem to realize what made the big difference with real cameras
and film. We had to be selective and edit well or live in the darkroom.
Now, we've lost the need to edit. All our missteps are sent of to that
vast cyberwastland without much ado. Just to prove this please find my
latest digital submission and for Christ's sake, stop me before I upload
again.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album345/cross2

Walt