Subject: [Leica] First 15 mm Pix
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Fri Feb 3 11:51:09 2006

First, Ted, thanks for the detailed comments.  They are appreciated
as always. It's been a fun lens to play with and I hope to post a few
more shots using it early next week.

(snip)

>>http://gallery.leica-users.org/BOSTON/2_07_0049_web
>My first impression was.. "bend the knees slightly" Yeah I know that
>get's tougher with each passing day. However, with some light
>exercise it can be made easier than you could ever imagine and you
>don't have to leave the house. :-)
>
>Stand with arms at your side then squat down ever so slightly only a
>wee bit, or to a point where you still feel comfortable in the legs
>and knees, then return to full standing position, how do the knees
>and legs feel? Try to get 5, that's all. Even if you only get a
>couple it's OK it's a start.
>
>Next morning do 5 again, when you feel 5 is a piece of cake, squat
>lower and continue doing that until your knuckles can touch the
>floor and you can return to a full standing position.  I must point
>out though it isn't necessary to get that far because most of the
>time it's only a slight bend.
>
>Trust me it takes time, but this little effort can make the
>difference between a successful photograph because you bent your
>knees and one that's a yawner because you couldn't.

Good grief!  PT recommendations on the LUG!  Who'd a thunk it.  :-)))

Having spent a lifetime with a body that always did exactly what I
wanted even if I wasn't ever an athlete, it came as a shock to
realize once I achieved 60 that it wasn't the case anymore.  So, I
have my own regimen:  a half-hour of stretching and calisthenics five
to six days a week, and a half-hour row three days a week.

Best thing I ever did.  Should have done it years ago.  One of the
exercises I do is like the one you recommend.

So you're preaching to the converted Ted, but thanks for the thought.

Not quite sure how I'll do it, but the reminder to try lower angles
is a good one.  I'll try to put it to use.

>I do 20 full squats from a standing position and return to standing
>with a 10 pound weight in each hand. ;-) Three mornings a week, ;-)
>not bad for an old guy. ;-) However, I can bend my knees and or sit
>on the floor of the gym shooting a basketball game for a half and
>return to standing on my own.;-)

Braggart!   :-)))))  Damn right it's not bad for an old guy, wouldn't
be bad for a much younger one either.

(snip)