Subject: [Leica] new Zeiss Ikon 21mm brightline finder
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Fri Feb 3 01:14:54 2006

Thanks Henning for this in-depth thoughts about superwide finders. I
understand an undistorted finder would be designed like the lens. It's very
likely that the german made 15mm Zeiss finder will cost as much as a used M6
body and be bigger than the Voigtlander Heliar lens.

The reason why I would like a undistorted finder is for better horizontal
and vertical alignment, which is crucial with such a lens. I had tried the
Voigtlander spirit level, but found it not very useful for me, as it's
optical center is higher than the finder and you need to move the head.
Additionally the double accossory adapter is rising the the finder for 10mm
(on the Bessa L). Ted suggests to use it on a M camera and to use the M's
finder for aligning. But this is as cumbersome as the spirit level.

The best solution IMO would be to have a fine hairline cross in the middle
of the finder, like in the russian turret finder.

Didier

Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] new Zeiss Ikon 21mm brightline finder)
Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] new Zeiss Ikon 21mm brightline finder)
Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] new Zeiss Ikon 21mm brightline finder)