Subject: [Leica] Seeking general macro advice
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Thu Feb 2 14:29:54 2006

Hi Ted,

I usually try to never miss your opinions and advices, I find them always
plaint of sense.  The only comment I would add is that when I was shooting
macro on my R equipment (R3 & R4), I have obtained excellent results with
the 90mm Summicron R, sometimes with the Elpro-3, sometimes with the Macro
Adapter, or both accessories. I don't know the results with the Apo-R 100, I
suppose that will be outstanding, but for me, I was really happy with my
Summicron, in my opinion one of the best lens I've never had. Now I own an
extensive M equipment, with comparable and excellent lenses as the Summilux
75, or the Apo 135/3,4, even the Tele-Elmarit 90/2,8 I find very nice, but
the Summicron R 90 was for me excellent, and probably better than the M
equivalent.

Sorry, I realize that finally I was talking about the 90 mm lenses, or short
Tele, anyway I would appreciate very much your opinion.

Saludos desde Barcelona
Luis