Subject: [Leica] re: 'merican language
From: hlritter at mindspring.com (Howard L Ritter, Jr)
Date: Tue Jan 31 08:20:57 2006

In my field, medicine, I am appalled at how many educated individuals commit
so many crude, and flagrantly ungrammatical, errors in speech. I hear
registered nurses, BSNs with college bachelor's degrees, saying things like
"I seen her yesterday" or "I been there twice already" or "He don't do that
any more". I even know a thoughtful and cultured radiation oncologist who
regularly commits mis-usages like "I discussed the plan with he and his
wife".

So much fun, being a language curmudgeon!

--howard