Subject: [Leica] CS-2
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Jan 29 16:04:34 2006

 dump the
> trash before replacing iphoto back into the system.
> I sent a query to the dunderheads at Mac some time ago on how to
> disable iphoto, but have yet to receive a reply.
> I think the next Q&A will have to go to Jobs his-self.
> I'm using CS2. I had planned to get Photo Mechanic, for the browsing
> tool, but Bridge has been an adequate for now.
>
> Slobodan Dimitrov
> Studio G-8,
> Angels Gate Cultural Center
> http://sdimitrovphoto.com
>
> On Jan 27, 2006, at 2:52 PM, Alastair Firkin wrote:
>
>> Well I finally updated photoshop and acrobat via the "Creative
>> Suite package", and boy am I confused. Now I can't use anything ;-)

>> Any documents or comments on how to start learning this "fantastic
>> monster". I need follow the yellow brick road type instructions to
>> the land of Oz.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Alastair

I don't know this is bad vibes man, bad energy.

Both Alastair Firkin and Richard S. Taylor come on to say that when
confronted by immensity of Photoshop and or the Creative Suite that are
stopped dead in their tracks and it's Adobes fault and what's the big
rip-off and they're going to sell their computer and there Leicas and buy a
digital point and shoot and move to that little island with 99 cent a gallon
rum.,
The Virgin island that's it! What an inappropriate name!
What if there were an island with a bunch of virgins on it?
They'd probably call it:
Meyers Island
Bacardi Breaker
Ron Rico Reef
Mount Gay archipelago
Captain Morgan Atoll
Plantation Eyot
Gilligan's Isle
Sapphos

The way to approach these respective burgeoning galaxies that CS2 and the
whole CS gang represent (the entire universe as we know it) is not get all
freaked out about it; but one at a time? To go boldly one step at a time.
Not boldly go in hyper mode to hyper space and get all hyped up about it,
How do I adjust density and contrast?
The curves or levels just like always! They work the same! Just like an H&R
curve if you have your highlights on the right (the thing on the bottom)
Color Balance? Command B just the same.
Unsharp mask ? Just the same unless you want to fool with smart unsharp mask
which I've only occasionally had time for and my G4 with one gig needs
plenty of time for as I go and fix myself a cup of coffee just like the days
of doing Photoshop 2 on my SE. where I'm make a pot AND drink it., . But
regular unsharp works the same and have the shots in m stacks of prints all
over the place were unsharped and they ain't broke so why fix it? Fix it
when you have the time and inclination, The highlights and shadows thing is
an adjust men which is a gift from God; or Dr. John E. Warnock whoever
answers your prayers the fastest. I think God calls Warnock all the time and
asks him how to use "that adjustment layers thing".

The average Photoshop user does great with using one percent of one percent
of the depth of power PS has. But in the Grammer and High School a lot more
than that everyday they learn another useful tidbit from one off their
classmates during recess or before school when the computer room is full
with photoshopers who used to be into pinball. Electronic pinball I guess,

Think of it as the newest game?

Most of us are just printing in effect "to screen" and the demands of us and
our gear are minimal. If we've made a commitment to printing to paper then,
well I always get the Photoshop Bible by Deke McClellan and as he says
something totally absurd or just plain silly on ever single page it keeps my
attention riveted and gets me out of any jam I ever get myself in once a
month,

Right now I'm having to plow thought the classroom in a box of the big
upgrade to GoLive cs2 as its practically a new program now having gone CSS
and I want to redo my website and get it up there and have it work.
I'm in hyper mode. And enjoying it less.,

Mark the Shark

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon