Subject: [Leica] Re: [LRflex] Sunday walk - things that go crunch in the night
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Sun Jan 29 08:08:06 2006

Douglas Sharp showed:

>Here are some freeze-dried reeds
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/MG_3504_edited_2
>
>In the wake of the ice-breaker
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/MG_3500_edited_2
>
>Some ice floes with ducks and seagulls
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/MG_3500_edited_2
>
>And a small, fat cold Dachshund
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/MG_3493_edited_2

G'Mornin' Douglas!

Wow!

First of all, I am surprised. I didn't know that they used icebreakers
on the canals... not that they shouldn't...  just that I'd never thought
about it!

Secondly, here, in the "Frozen North", high in the mountains, the
weather has been extraordinarily mild... yesterday was +8? (46? F to our
American friends) and today it is only  -4?, at 8 AM.  Should go to
well  above zero, by noon or so.  People are walking around in light
jackets... a few are even in short sleeved shirts!

Third... All three are very nice shots... though I like the first, the
best of the lot.

One question... how come the second and third shots are the same?  Just
curious!

Cheers!

--
David Young,