Subject: [Leica] CS-2 added Epson RD1 raw convertor
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat Jan 28 00:16:41 2006

My pet hate about software is different names for the same function,
a CAD software guy told me about 20 years ago that it had taken them
a long time to choose a different word for their version of a
competitors function, and was surprised that I was exasperated that
it -was- different. Also I am also only interested in an upgrade for
increased functionality, so when the whole programme changes in ways
which are of no benefit to me it just slows me down for a while.
I agree about the tips and hints too, and if you buy one of the
expensive but useful books it is also obsoleted by software changes.
Mind you my favourite car, camera and pen are 14, 20 and 28 years
old. I am not much of a fan of change for its own sake. Fortunately
PS2 has some worthwhile benefits so it is worth the aggro.

Has anyone found a convenient way to open an Epson RD1 raw file using
their raw convertor rather than the PS2 one? I can do it but it is
about as user friendly as some of the inane menus on digital cameras.
Frank