Subject: [Leica] Advice wanted: TRI-X development setup
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Fri Jan 27 15:34:34 2006

I like the easy mixing of XTOL, but I'm not sure how long it stays "fresh"
since it doesn't seem prone to discoloration. I've had some in amber bottles
(filled) that still seemed okay after 18 months. I used to like using
Panatomic X and Ethol TEC since the developer was always fresh (mixed right
before use). I suppose my results with XTOL and HC110 could best be
described as inconsistent. I liked Ilfotec with Delta, but it didn't look
quite so good with Tri-X.

When all else fails, go with D76, and when it fails, go with divided D-76.
If you can't get good results with divided D-76, go with BW400. I would use
the latter, but there are no more labs in New Orleans other than the
Walgreens and WalMarts 1-hour photos.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com