Subject: [Leica] OT - What about that Braun scanner?
From: dnaplasmid at compwrx.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri Jan 27 11:41:20 2006

OK. I have seen the web page that someone posted about the Multimag
SlideScan 4000, but does anyone have any first or even second hand knowledge
of it?  It is a step up from my Minolta Scan Dual II and I am looking for a
change.  Since I have thousands of slides from over 30 years and continue to
use slide film, the ability to load up 100 slides and scan away with all the
digital ICE, ROC and GEM technology is appealing.  The price is not. Would I
do better to get the Nikon and bulk loader attachment?  How does that 3.4
Dmax compare to Nikon or the newer Minoltas?  3600 dpi vs 4000 dpi?  I would
think this is not a big deal.
Just wondering if there are first hand testamonials out there.

Aram