Subject: [Leica] Re: [LRflex] Saker Falcon
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Fri Jan 27 07:13:03 2006

Douglas Herr showed:

>http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/falconidae/safa00.html
>http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/falconidae/safa02.html
>
>a crow flies overhead:
>http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/falconidae/safa01.html
>
>Technical stuff:  Leicaflex SL2 with SL viewscreen, 20mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R,
>shoulder stock/monopod, Provia 400F

G'Mornin' Doug!

Of all the 'portraits', offered in this series, so far, safa00.html is,
I think, the best.  They are all, including the two Eagle Owl shots,
magnificent. The visual impact is incredible, and the shots are stunning!

I'm curious.  From the DOF in all of these, you're obviously not
shooting wide open.  Typically, what f-stop would you be using in these
shots?  My guess would be f5.6 - f8.

As always... WELL DONE!

Cheers!

--