Subject: [Leica] Painting cameras, the ALPA black crackle finish
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Tue Jan 24 11:11:25 2006

Crackled colors are often used with ceramics but I'm not shure if those can
be successfullyapplied on metal, too. Try http://tinyurl.com/dpjnr

At http://www.micro-tools.com/Merchant2/paint.htm I found fine enamel colors
only; flat black (which I am using for my Canon VTdL project) and glossy
black. You might check http://www.rustoleum.com/ too (BTW their hammertone
colors http://tinyurl.com/bk85v  are used by several LHSA members).

Doing at home: yes if

- you are skilled to disassemble and especially reassemble a M3
- you have an airbrush opportunity (except you find the color in aerosol
cans)
- you have a good stove with at least 280?C (enamel crackle colors must be
fired)

Didier