Subject: [Leica] Re: The lower 9th ward
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Mon Jan 23 19:33:55 2006

G'day Alastair,

We had our share of fires after the storm (arson and candles), and I do need
to shoot some of them. I think a fire might not be so bad, as it tends to
reduce the place to ashes. The Lower 9th Ward has people's belongings all
over the place (I found some old 78 rpm records and wondered if they had
come out of Fats Domino's house) as well as the spray-painted markings of
the number of bodies found inside. And cars upside down everywhere. I have a
shot of a rocking chair in a tree somewhere on one of the rolls. People have
been good about not coming in and picking up souvenirs, which is good. On a
very basic level, that would be like looting I guess.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com