Subject: [Leica] WAS: "Women In Medicine" by Ted Grant & Sandy Carter NOW: EXPOSURE
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Mon Jan 23 07:30:49 2006

Ted - This explanation of how you and Sandy shoot was really
interesting.  Am happy to say a signed copy of "Women in Medicine"
sits proudly in my bookshelves too.  Enjoyed it enormously.

But do I understand that you never found it necessary to half-press
to hold exposure from a particular area at all?  If memory serves
there were a couple of shots with bright window areas or bright
lights in the frame.  That had to have presented a metering problem.

Thanks.

Regards,

Dick
Boston MA

>Steve Ries offered and asked:
>>I just got hold of the book "Women in Medicine" by Ted Grant & Sandy
>>Carter.
>>
>>>As mentioned in an earlier thread Ted & Sandy used Ms and Rs for this
>>>work.
>>This book is full of really good photography. If you are reading this Ted,
>>your photo on page 58 is "top drawer" in my opinion, not only
>>photographically but also in how it grabs the emotion.
>
>Hi Steve,
>Sorry about the delay in answering your post.
>
>Thank you for your very kind remarks about the photography. Lots of
>work, well lots of time, as shooting isn't work, moving concrete
>blocks is work. ;-) Doing the book was organized fun! ;-)  :-)
>
>>Ted, if you don't mind me asking how did you meter for light?<<<
>
>When I used M6's it was easy, arrows go red shoot!  M7's are faster
>and more accurate. I used 3 bodies at the same time all on AE Lock
>for the complete shoot, my film use was about 400 rolls, Sandy
>another150 or so, she shooting 2 M6's. She shot in exactly the same
>fashion, red arrows light... click!

(snip)