Subject: [Leica] Rain
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Sun Jan 22 16:49:20 2006

An hour or so ago, Mark Bohrer posted a couple of shots depicting
rain... as a rain droplet on the end of a leaf.  (Sorry, I lost his post
so cannot quote directly)

I can understand his concern... for unlike snow, rain is very difficult-
no, almost impossible - to portray on film.  The droplets are too tiny,
too fast, and unless the light is at the absolutely perfect angle, it
virtually disappears in our shots.  No wonder so many folks try to shoot
rain by showing the reflections in  puddles, rain drops on flowers and
the like.

About two weeks ago, in Costa Rica, I got lucky.

Mark. You want rain?  See: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt and click on the
"Featured Photo" link, on your left.

Comments appreciated... criticism grudgingly accepted.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers!

--
David Young,