Subject: [Leica] Divided D-76, and the lower 9th ward
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sat Jan 21 18:19:18 2006

I'm going to bite the bullet tomorrow or next week and get out my Olympus
E-1 with two zoom lenses. Most of the shots were difficult to frame because
of the limited space to walk around (it rained like hell last night, and
everything was muddy with a gooey disgusting black mud that was extremely
slippery...my sneakers had to be powersprayed this afternoon). But this is
literally an entire subdivision of several square miles turned on its head.

I've got a brick of Verichrome Pan that isn't getting any younger. Maybe
some carefully considered shots with a Fuji 670 on a tripod is in order. I
think I need to park and just walk for a few hours. One could shoot an
entire roll of 36 without walking more than 25 feet. It's bad. And you're
right...St. Bernard and Plaquemines are both bad.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com