Subject: [Leica] CLE... ?
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sat Jan 21 00:11:06 2006

Hi Steve,
I'm having a bit of a nostalgia trip anyway, so I was working on my
Tribute to Minolta as I caught up with the LUG. I fell in love with the
CLE in the 80's and here is one of the articles which had me lusting.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Articles

There are 4 pages, you can download the pdf of the pages here:

  http://homepage.mac.com/firkin/FileSharing45.html

Then I found one in about 1985: a complete kit: camera, lenes, the
leather carry bag, the flash, the cable release, filters boxes and
loads of information. I sold it all giving up all my accumulated stuff
to the next owner, who I hope was as delighted as I was when I got the
"kit". I had sold it because it was beginning to play up and Minolta
would not touch it with a barge pole. Everyone I asked about it said
this was a known problem with a circuit board: my meter was "dicky", so
with great sadness and as one of the only things I have ever sold, I
gave it up.

Great camera: expensive at the time: lousy back up

Cheers