Subject: [Leica] The Violet Saberwing
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Fri Jan 20 08:37:33 2006

Today, I'm busy wading through some 2000 images shot over the last 3
weeks, in Costa Rica... sorting out what to convert from Raw and what to
discard.

I started to play with a shot of a Saberwing hummingbird. First, I
simply reduced the entire shot for the web. But I was amazed by the
detail captured using the 80~200/4 Vario with an old SL style
converter... especially considering, in an effort to 'travel light', I'd
not taken a monopod - so the shot (at 400mm) was hand held. So, I cut a
400x600 pixel section from the center, for all to see.

Both shots can be seen at http://www3.telus.net/~telyt and then clicking
on "featured Photo"

Comments appreciated.

Thanks for looking.