Subject: [Leica] Konica Minolta to quit photo market
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Fri Jan 20 03:44:13 2006

Don Dory wrote:

> Companies that will be standing include Canon, Sony, Panasonic, and
> NIkon(maybe).  There will be a huge confluence of photography with phones
> and MP3 players for the masses.  If you can't be in those markets then you
> will be out.
>
> Don
> don.dory@gmail.com

Unless you can do something about your costs and consciously seek to be a
niche
player. Which is Solms problem, they can do the second, but can't get their
act
round the first bit. Volume isn't everything, economics is.

The trouble for all film camera makers is that control of their market is
out of
their hands to a large extent, being in the hands of the likes of Kodak and
so
on. That's why I welcome the arrival of Efke and so on and the desire to
continue of Fuji and others.

Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Konica Minolta to quit photo market)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Konica Minolta to quit photo market)