Subject: [Leica] OT: Wal-Mart and film
From: alaxsxaq at gmail.com (Glenn Stauffer)
Date: Wed Jan 18 16:35:10 2006

On 1/18/06, Jim Laurel <jplaurel@spectare.com> wrote:
> ...and it will be a long time before it is dead, because a good many
> of the target (pun intended) customers may not be able to afford to
> ride the digital treadmill.  But they CAN afford to buy film once in
> a while for special events or holidays.

Funny, but that is why I bought my step-father a digital camera this
year.  They only take photos on the holidays and other special
occaisions and hardly complete a roll of film in half a year.  I
bought them a simple-to-use Canon A410 so they could take one or two
pictures whenever they wanted and then either go to the local discount
store or go online and print those one or two photos and maybe have
them written to a CD.  The camera was all of $135 and it's about $0.15
to $0.25 to print a 4x6.

My grandchildren will miss out on the photos, though since that CD
won't be readable and all the prints will have faded by the time they
walk this earth.  Good thing they'll probably still be able to scan
the negatives that my dad made in the 50's.

--Glenn

Message from jplaurel at spectare.com (Jim Laurel) ([Leica] OT: Wal-Mart and film)