Subject: [Leica] January 16, Picture of the Week
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Mon Jan 16 16:30:20 2006

I love the location, Daniel.

This list loves people pictures. With the history of photojournalism
and Leica being so intertwined, it's easy to understand. Our hardware
has a tradition that usually is much richer than we can live up to.

I think sometimes we spot a good picture opportunity in an
interesting location. Then we wait for someone to walk through the
frame. They don't really add anything to the image, they just give us
a little plausible deniability.

A picture doe not become a people picture just because someone is in
the frame. I'm guilty. Anyone else?

This location has the possibility of a really good image without the
guy there. If it's a portrait. and he didn't design the building, get
closer to him. If it's just a beautiful piece of architecture, and he
adds nothing to the image, why include him?

I kinda like it anyway;^)

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies