Subject: Noisy digital shadows - was: Re: [Leica] re: digital treadmill
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon Jan 16 13:03:18 2006

B.D.

>>....one of the reasons that I've gone with digital, is that
digital tends to capture more information in low light than does film.<<

You're going to have to explain that one to me. I always though that the
amount of information in low light -- or "shadow detail" for those of us
in the Pleistocene Era -- depended on exposure? As far as I know
negative film still beats a DSLR in dynamic range.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) (Noisy digital shadows - was: Re: [Leica] re: digital treadmill)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) (Noisy digital shadows - was: Re: [Leica] re: digital treadmill)